Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Her name is "Butt"


So Maddie has this cute purple dog given to her by her Papa for her first Birthday. She can be programmed to say the child's name in her pre-programmed songs. Really cute! Her name is "Violet"...or so I thought.


Maddie has recently developed some new habits. She sleeps with a multitude of "friends". She isn't one of those kids who has a "lovey", per se, but she has lots of stuffed pals she'll intermittently be more or less attached to. She usually grabs one on her way out of the crib every morning. This morning, she chose Violet.


Another new habit is naming her multiple parts (eyes, ears, nose, etc...). I, without thinking, have taught her "butt". Selfishly, I think she sounds so cute saying it. So I pinch it and say, "I got your butt!". She repeats everything these days, so I should have known better.


Well, this morning, she promptly grabs Violet and announces, "BUTT!". She's not grabbing her hiney in the usual fashion, so I kind of ignore it. She hugs Violet and again says, "Butt!". As I'm changing her diaper, she points to Violet and yet again, "Butt!".


She named her Butt. Really?? Note to self: use cutesy words that could be, in no way, offensive to anyone within earshot. Hiney, rear...I could have played that one a bit better. But she sure does sound cute saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio