Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rain, Rain go away....

  We kinda had a cruddy weekend around here...rainy and humid, blech! So, we figured it was a good time to work on Maddie's overdue art project (mommy's fault, not hers...good to know my ADD seeps into my parenting too, ugh). It was to be the student's favorite bible verse and we were given a blank white paper (which I had somehow misplaced..who, moi??) that was to be entirely used up with their creations (for uniformity).
 Maddie chose Adam and Eve, which is great and all but I wasn't about to put nude people, or even leaf covered ones on a 4 year old's poster so I just had her draw them :) Thank goodness she's just beyond stick figures...
  



Figuring she needed  a break, Daddy took the kiddos for a wagon ride. In this heat, that usually lasts 10-15 minutes. After 30, they still weren't back. Next thing I know, this mud covered little girl comes walking up to the front door. Apparently they ran into some neighborhood friends who were all jumping in mud puddles. How dare they?? Do it without me, I mean...



She was, however, not walking through the house like that, so, as children of my generation know well, she got hosed off! I guess rainy days aren't so bad after all...

Good thing....

1 comment:

Becky said...

We had fun in the mud, but missed you for sure :) the boys had to walk home. (Weren't allowed in the car.)

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio