Monday, May 5, 2014

Our low key (but yummy!) Cinco De Mayo

I can't tell you why, but I love Cinco De Mayo...perhaps it's the fiesta? The Mexican food? The Margaritas? I'm going with all of the above. This year was pretty low key, to say the least. I did make white chicken enchiladas, churros and sangria...cause why wouldn't I?, but we didn't do much else since Garret is hard at work studying for his Teaching Certification Test. Once again having drawn on the chalkboard wall, I thought I'd at least get some quick pics of the kiddos...cause they're cute. And one of Garret hard at work, cause he's cute too :). Married to a hot college student....go me.



Since Daddy and Maddie were at Daddy's jump free Monday at Sky Zone, I coerced Gavin into some modeling first. Nothing to do with the subject at hand but I figure I'll mention his obsession with his "night night" AKA: his blankie. Mind you, this child has loved him a blanket since he was a teeny baby. He cuddles it and does this sucking motion with his tongue...it's really sweet. This particular blanket was Caleb's so it's even more precious how attached he is to it.....


 The hour before bedtime (I like to refer to it as the "witching hour"), these two are wild. I mean, more than usual. Yeah, hence the sangria.


 I can't help myself...I just think these two are the most precious kids everrrrr! I may be slightly partial....


2 comments:

Becky said...

Loved the enchiladas. And Trae gobbled up the leftover half for lunch the next day. Thanks again!

Jess said...

YAY, so glad you enjoyed them! They're one of my fave go-to's!

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio