Friday, May 16, 2014

Pre K Graduation!

How.Did.This.Happen.?! 
When did my little, teensy 5 pound baby become a walking, talking, sassing near-Kindergartner so fast!? Seriously? Man, I suppose time really does fly when you're having fun! She really is just growing before my eyes and exponentially it seems lately. She reads, gets her own snacks, washes her own hair, swims independently. I mean, she barely even needs me anymore....or so she would have you think.
This week, her school had their pre-school Spring Performance, Art Show and Graduation. It was beyond precious. We didn't know Maddie had a full-blown SOLO in the show and she was awesome. She was told to keep it a secret so we could be surprised. I should have known when Miss Schreiber kept telling me to "bring tissues". Very sneaky.
It was spectacular. Amazing. There are not enough adjectives for the cuteness that ensued. She was fearless, confident and sooooo good. Really. I received emails and calls about it after the fact. That good.
Proud Mommy right here.
The kids had so much fun...you can just see the joy in their faces. Maddie sang and danced her heart out. Full of joy, that kid is. I adore her.










Receiving her "diploma" from Mr. Mitchell!


 The kids' art was hung around the halls of their classroom. 







Maddie's teacher handed out individual classroom awards...Maddie's was "Musical Miss"...pretty sure this was last year's too....and the hubs is still wondering why I felt an arts school would best suit her?!


A couple days later, we had her Kindergarten assessment at her new school, which was to examine their aptitude and readiness for Kindergarten. Yeah, she aced it. The teacher told me we may be looking at a "gifted" child. Don't tell her, we may not get her head through the hallways. She already reminds me daily how smart she is (I'm about twenty milliseconds from never complimenting her again). She certainly does not lack any confidence...still debating if that's a good or bad thing. While waiting in the hall, she showed off her reading skills...she's really getting good! Mind you, it takes four hours to get through a few single sentence pages but it's still pretty awesome.



It's happening so fast but it's so amazing watching her blossom into such a smart and sweet girl. I'm so proud of her....

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio