Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let the Holiday festivities begin!!

It has begun....the weekend after Thanksgiving, I tend to just get nuts (as do many of us self-proclaimed "Christmas Freaks"). I struggled this year with the tree. I LOVE a real tree. I LOVE to even chop down my own if geographically possible buuuuut.....it is not to be here. And while I lovingly tend to my tree, every year the thing looks dead by Christmas. So. For the first time in years. We got a fake tree. Ugh. And to make matters worse, we had a pretty limited budget so our choices were, um, slim. It turned out pretty cute despite it's Charlie Brown beginnings and it will stay "fresh" all season. And the evergreen scented candles allllllllmost makes me forget...

Garret's "job": lights, star, FSU ornament....


 Maddie made a few ornaments all by herself!


It blows my mind how much this precious hand has grown!

Not too awful...no wading through several feet of snow, chopping down and celebrating with hot cocoa...but it'll do!

And, super excited about this (more so than Maddie, I think)....ELFIE'S BACK!


 These are his first few nights with us....many more to come! 





 And, last but not least...some exterior decorating as well! Good job, hubby!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am late starting with the Elf....thanks for the ideas!

Jess said...

It's so much fun :) I get a ton of ideas from Pinterest! Have fun (and it's great blackmail for the kiddos :)

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio