Sunday, October 20, 2013

The great kitchen fire of 2013....

What can I say? I wasn't even cooking. Oddly, I have yet to start a fire from actually meal-making. This may be worse. I was sterilizing bottle nipples....yes, I know it isn't  1957 and no, I do not use those handy-dandy microwave dooflickies (which, after the fact, I found tucked neatly away in one of my four junk drawers). If I'm being real, I throw those mugs in the dishwasher and boom, done but I was noticing they were looking a little, um, cloudy? Filmy? Thought I'd be a "good mom" and properly clean them. Threw them in a pot, ran out of the house in a frenzy, both kids in tow. For. An. Hour. And a half. Fast forward to key in lock, twist, followed by billowing smoke in the face. Oh. No. Sadly, I didn't remember until.that.very.moment. Cue the firemen, hopelessly looking for answers from a mortified mom of two. There may or may not have been chuckling. 



 There was no real damage (thank you Jesus!) but the mess....I mean it was everywhere!!!! Soot everywhere. Ugh. My punishment for my stupidity.


Silver lining? They entertained Maddie, let her play with the equipment and get on the truck....and she kinda developed her first fireman crush. Shout out to "Mr. Dave".




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio