Friday, October 11, 2013

She's baaaaaack!

 
Welp, we're back at Dance. We kind of stopped because Maddie seemed, hm...uninterested? She wasn't excited about going and frankly, it's kinda pricey so unless she enjoyed it, no go. After missing a few weeks she started to ask again. I was hesitant to bring her to the same school....I realized she (nor I) really liked the teacher. She was kinda...mean. I am the first to admit Maddie can use some discipline and structure but this was a bit excessive. They kinda made it feel very competition-based and Dance Mom-ish. The one fear I have in life is having to deal with crazy coaches and worse, crazier moms. When I saw my old high school friend Kim at our reunion, she reminded me she teaches Maddie's age at another school...perfect! Kim has three kids of her own and she's been a lover and student of dance for years! So....here we are, at Robin Dawn, LOVING it. What a difference! Maddie is so excited to go and Miss Kim seems to think she's got lots of natural talent :). I swear I won't turn into a stage mom. But I will, no doubt be the embarrassing, sobbing one at her first recital.




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio