Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Meet baby "Scooter"

We FINALLY had our first OB appointment!! I had to wait for Garret's open enrollment before I could get on his insurance (mine didn't have maternity coverage), which started July 1st, so I'm already 13 wks, 1 day according to the measurements! It's kind of neat to go from a positive pregnancy test to THIS:

It was pretty short and sweet...had the ultrasound and Dr. Stubbs answered some quick questions and we made an appointment for 2 weeks for the "big" OB visit as well as determining the sex (already?!). I weighed 109 (so up 5 already...the Cheetos, Ice Cream and Ramen Noodles can't be helping that cause...), everything looked great until...he informs me that due to my "advanced maternal age" (just say I'm ancient, already), I have to see the Maternal Fetal Medicine professionals for the majority of my OB care. Boo. I know my risks are increased but I hate to have to have the constant "monitored" feeling. It makes for some anxiety and I prefer to just enjoy and be relaxed for the remainder of the pregnancy. Oh well, that's what I get for being old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio