Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday America!!

We had a fairly low-key 4th this year. I've been so sick (baby-related, ugh) so my desire to do, well, anything is seriously compromised. My friend Trisha invited us over for a very low-key BBQ and some kid-friendly fireworks. The big fireworks shows here were SO late (9:30) so we just let Maddie play with some sparklers...which, PS, she was thrilled with! We had fabulous ribs and great conversation while the kids played. Just about all the fun I could handle...literally.


I also decided to make Maddie a shirt for the occasion...my Pinterest addiction allowed me the inspiration for a fun flag shirt. Add an adorable custom barrette made by my friend Georgia of Sweet Peas and Mamma Bees, and we have instant Patriotic cuteness.






On an unrelated note, Maddie's been swimming the past few days! I don't know what's considered truly knowing how to swim, but she propels underwater while holding her breath on her own, so I say, SWIMMING! She is still nervous about it but is getting better...Daddy takes her in the pool just about every day (mercifully giving nauseous Mamma a much needed break :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio