Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January recap

As predicted, I did not stick to my resolutions. Well, kinda. I said I would post the pics of my organization/projects weekly and that didn't happen but I did accomplish a few things that I either A: didn't have the moolah for before or B: didn't have the ambition for, so I'm calling it a small victory...very small, but a victory nonetheless.


Project #1: a new desk.


Our house is oddly laid out-there is a long, narrowish room as soon as you walk in, then a step down and then a similarly shaped room. We certainly don't need a living room and family room so I christened the first room as an office/play room. I wanted it to look nice, as it is the first room you walk into from the front door. I wanted a desk, but something with storage for fabric/crafting materials etc. I found this on on Pinterest. It's basically two small bookshelves and a hollow core door. I liked that I could use the shelves as storage.



It still needs some work, but here she is:




I bought these cheap bookshelves that were an ugly dark wood particle board. I painted them white, stained the door a walnut shade and voila! I also repainted and re-upholstered the existing chairs. This is what they used to look like:

I am pretty happy with the overall look of the room (although I think it desperately needs a rug!...next month's project :) I also think the lamp looks blah...needs some color.


Project #2: a wreath for my front door.



Let me preface with I despise all televised sports. You take me to a game, I'm having a blast but my Type A nature will not allow me to sit in front of a TV for 4 hours watching, well, anything. My love, however is obsessed, and I don't use the word flippantly with Florida State Football. As an Alumni in the State and National Championship days, he is a die-hard fan. Being the supportive future bride, I painted our front door garnet, got him a huge FSU flag and made this to adorn our door (I've been dying to try a yarn wreath):


Lastly, I did organize the under the counter and over the sink cabinets in both bathrooms (but I won't bore you with photos, you're welcome).


Bring on February! My goals: a hand-painted rug (gulp), a wine cork monogram (eeek) and an art display frame (pppfft). Oh, and cleaning out my disgusting car! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

JessT said...

So crafty - I'm so impressed!

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio