Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Maddie{isms}


The little verbose person that lives in our house has been coming up with some doozies these days. Not exactly sure why, but alot of them happen in the car. Before I forget (because they are hysterical and precious), here are a few "Maddie-isms":

~She randomly says "because" and has nothing to follow it. "I cried today because..." and quickly leaves the room.

~She'll be on the verge of getting in trouble, diverts the crisis then says "Phew, that was a close one!"

~If she thinks you may be upset with her, she examines your expression, waits for the all clear and always asks, "You happy now?"

~she'll take a bite of something random and proclaim, "Ummm, that's tasty!"

~I suppose her ego has been appropriately stroked because she is constantly admiring herself..."I'm so CUTE!", etc. Of course, she has no restraint in her compliments toward others either. When I was sick recently she said, "What's wrong Mommy?" ME: "Mommy's not feeling good." She ponders, "Hm, because you are so gorgeous." I felt slightly better, not gonna lie.

~she's very into knowing everyone's, um, everything. "What's your favorite color Mommy?", "What's Daddy's name?", "What's Bella's favorite animal?"....very inquisitive, that one.

~she says, because, actually, especially...big words for such a little girl. Already trying to assert her intelligence, I suppose.

~instead of the obvious way it should be said, she'll say: "I wanna hold you Mommy/Daddy...". I'd like to see you try.

~going through a little frightened-of-random-things phase, she often says, "I'm scared about..." and again, you never quite know what exactly is so horrifying in a primarily pink bedroom.

~every little person is a "baby"...her age and over falling into that catergory. If you're not a grown-up, you're a baby, and "soooo cute."

~If misbehaving, she tells on herself and says "Santa's gonna come get it"....usually referring to Santa repo-ing a random Christmas gift (usually the swingset, gets her every time).

~She will grasp your face, stare into your eyes and say, "I wuv you sooooo much!!"...beyond precious! The little pistol is also so very loving.

There are a thousand and of course I can only think of these few, but I'm sure I'll be adding constantly! We definitely laugh in our house (and in the car!)...alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio