Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm scared.


So these two clowns (the costumes are so appropriate) have been down each others throats lately. Like siblings, they fiercely love each other but also fight like cats and dogs. They are both sassy and strong-willed so neither of them ever actually dominates. They just fight until myself or Monique wants to muzzle them both in separate corners. All this acrimony has me a little nervous. I just want my children to love each other, get along...is this too much to ask? Being a working mom of an extremely active toddler, I am worried about the new challenges an addition to this scenario will make. There are a million advantages to being an older mom (for me) but one thing I think is a slight disadvantage is my, well, oldness. I'm tired and possibly less patient about some things. So far Maddie loves the idea of a sibling but let's hope she still feels that way when he's in her space, grabbing her toys, demanding some of her attention...yup, I'm in for it. I shall begin bracing myself now....


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio