Monday, February 6, 2012

"Super" Weekend

Before the big game, we took Maddie for a quick trip to Lakes Park. Doing our usual swing/slide/monkey bar rotation, we realized we had never taken her on the train ride. It's kind of legendary around these parts, so I figured it a right of passage of sorts. To the train we commenced. Maddie was probably most excited about giving the conductor her ticket. The open air, miniature villages and whistle certainly didn't hurt!






Stupid Superbowl. I can't express how little I care. I watch for the National Anthem, commercials, half-time show and food. The actual football part, I could totally do without. Ooooph...I sound like a total downer. I'm not a huge fan but it was a pretty great game, and heck, any excuse to have great food and spend time with loved ones is a good day in my book.



Our friends, Trisha and Jason are HUGE Patriots fans so they hosted a party (it was also days away from Jason's birthday so double the excuse to party!). It was pretty awesome...they had this huge projection screen and well, their kids have all the fun toys, including a buggy. Maddie took her first ride. My little daredevil loved every second (sitting next to my friend Morgan's handsome son couldn't have hurt either!).


It was a great weekend. Family, firsts and fun! Maybe I don't hate the Superbowl as much as I thought...


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio