Tuesday, October 19, 2010

But look how cute I am!


I am being played. I can just feel it. How does a 15 month old know how to manipulate an adult so blatantly?! Maddie has become so sneaky it's frightening. Her newest who-is-this-baby move is to act initially wounded when being reprimanded then looking you dead in the eye, crinkling her little button nose and smiling the sweetest smile while cocking her head ever so slightly to the side as if to say, "How can you possibly resist this face? You are slave to my charms...". I have fallen into the trap a few times, I must confess. And just as quickly, it passes. The elixir to the spell is mine and I am back in mommy-mode. I am just flabbergasted at the ability of a baby to make me forget all the lessons I am trying to teach her. I have scolded Garret more than a few times for falling victim to the charms of his sweet baby daughter who clearly knows how to manipulate her weak daddy. Now, I too am too easily played. Well my dear...it ends now! I have you figured out and it's back to mommy being the boss and baby learning how to NOT be a terror-toddler that I wished I had a stronger will with. Dun, dun, dun (cue the sinister music....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio