Sunday, November 1, 2009

Goblins, witches, ghosts..and LADYBUGS??
















Maddie had her first Halloween...it was quite a success! We went with my sister Monique and her daughter Bella. Maddie was a ladybug (that I myself crafted...please hold your applause until the end) and Bella was Spidergirl. Monique has this great double jogging stroller that we pushed them around in (Maddie can't walk, obviously, and Bella lasts for all of ten minutes before wanting to be held!). It was really precious...Bella would go up to the door and when she was given a piece of candy, she would promptly say "Candy for baby Maddie..." before a door could be shoved in her face. You could see the confusion in the faces of the candy givers as we stood back a bit and they could barely see us. I'm guessing they figured it was a ploy to get extras but they gave in and handed her the extra piece which she eagerly ran back, put in Maddie's little bucket and continued on. One guess who REALLY ate that candy. His name begins with a "G" and ends with an "arret".





So back to my craftiness...or lack thereof! I was so frustrated trying to find the baby an outfit befitting her size as well as her adorableness! I LOVE Ladybugs, so I knew I wanted her to be one all along but couldn't find anything I liked or that she wouldn't sweat her little, dimply rear-end off in! So I headed to Joann Fabrics and fashioned a little skirt out of tulle, sequin trim and felt for the dots. Then...what to do for feelers?? AAAhhhh! Good ole fashioned pipe cleaners and pom -poms! Worked perfectly. Finding a black bodysuit was honestly the most difficult part, but Babies-R-Us delivered, once again (I also grabbed her a new bathing suit that I couldn't resist on sale because she's starting to look like the "before" photo in a Jenny Craig commercial in her old one...).





Hmmm...what to do for next year?? I should start working on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio