Monday, November 9, 2009

Loving Fall...well, TRYING to.
























































Ugh...I think I figured it out. Starting around Halloween I get very anti-Florida. I rant about the heat, the tourists, the greenness. I know people would kill for the sunshine, the beach, the palm trees. But what most people fail to realize is that in our part of the state we have the perpetual summer. I, personally, am not a fan of summer, especially one that has no end in sight!! I like it for a couple months, especially as a kid when summer signified the end of the school year, but as an adult, I am not a fan. ESPECIALLY here! It is unbearably hot! I mean, don't wanna go outside kind of hot. I would seriously consider cutting off a limb to jump in some leaves, navigate my non-directional self through a corn maze, pick a pumpkin off the actual GROUND (not a stand...), wear a light jacket when walking the dog (versus the tank top and shorts I am currently sweating through). I so enjoy the outdoors and until winter, that is not an option here! So, this year I decided to TRY to make my favorite and most missed season, Fall, as special as possible! We visited a local park and got a pumpkin, our family had a pumpkin-carving contest (which I won!!) and we went to my Homeland's excuse to consume massive amounts of beer, Oktoberfest. So, while I am still convinced there is something seriously wrong with ninety degree Thanksgivings and not a single leaf falling from a tree (or changing color for that matter), we did have alot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio