Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Vacation!

Hey, let's take Vacation time during the hottest part of the Summer and go do something outside....all day. No, Garret and I did not have this actual conversation but I fear we should have. Unfortunately, although Garret is a teacher (counselor, whatever), he does not have the good fortune of having Summers off. One week. During July. That's the only option. But we were lucky enough to have accumulated a ton of reward points through our bank so we were able to get  tickets to Busch Gardens and a hotel for a couple of nights for almost nothing. It's not cross country trip in a Winnebago (my dream vacation!) but hey, we got to get away with the littles and, blazing heat and all, had a blast! Linda even got to come with us (hey, I ain't getting on a roller coaster) so Garret had a fellow-crazy-coaster-loving riding buddy!
I made some collages since there are a zillion pics (who, me?!) of our adventures. The hotel was right on the beach so we got to really enjoy it with the kids....
They were really well behaved...I was super nervous about skipping naps and the heat etc etc etc but Gavin slept in the double stroller my friend Jen so graciously let us borrow and they dealt with the heat just fine (I'm sure the tons of fun activities distracted them).....






And some randoms not in the collages (that were too cute not to include):


"Nina" was able to come for the day too! It was so nice to have her! Gavin (and we!) adores her....plus Garret had a pal to ride the roller coasters with (cause no WAY I was doing it!).








No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio