Sunday, September 1, 2013

Red Knights, Class of '93!

As if my recent birthday didn't shine the light on my advanced age, I just had my {gulp}20th High School reunion. It would have been super awkward and uncomfortable were it not for social media, but I felt armed with tidbits of information that were useful convo starters (phew) and the organizers made name tags, complete with our hideous senior year photos to save us from the further embarrassment of not remembering someone (double phew). I was so stressed about not remembering people...this is not me being too cool for school...I have the memory of a 98 year old. For real. I was really looking forward to seeing my good friend Kim, our "wish we could see them more" couple friends, Matt and Jamie and my first NFM friend, the first person to be sweet to me as the new girl, Amy. I truly had not seen most of these people for literally twenty years! So, eager to show I had  finally let go of the Ogilve Home Perm, found my way to some eyebrow wax and realized the puffier the sleeve does not mean the better the dress, we headed out!





I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was! Everyone was so nice and excited to be there. I also found it interesting that for the most part, people lived up to their high school personas. No major deviations, that I could tell. No Romy and Michelle High School Reunion -esque shockers.


 Partly embarrassed but mostly amused he rocked this all night....










I guess we're all a little older, hopefully alot wiser and still having a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio