Wednesday, January 2, 2013

He's heeeeere!!!


Gavin Caleb Copeland is here, a bit early....that is a story I will recount merely for the purpose of this life journal but would love to forget as soon as physically possible (which with my early onset Alzheimer's hopefully won't be an issue ;). A few days before my scheduled C-section, I had a routine exam with my OB, Dr. Stubbs. For the days preceding that appointment, my pre-existing heartburn was awful. No amount of prescription and/or over the counter meds would help. I literally felt as though my entire abdominal and chest cavities were filled with hot acid! When I arrived, my blood pressure registered a bit high (which is very unusual for me...I'm usually "barely alive" as they would often say). Dr. Stubbs thought maybe we should move up the C-section a few days. After we left the office, the burning became so fierce, I started vomiting profusely. After calling the office, we headed to OB triage where labs confirmed what I feared....preeclampsia. A friend of mine had this and my symptoms were eerily similar. Within an hour of diagnosis, I was in the OR, Garret at my side, about to welcome our baby boy. I was so nervous with all the chaos surrounding the situation but also so eager to just be done with this miserable pregnancy and be able  to finally love on our little guy!

He is...delicious. I cannot think of a better word for him. He is so mellow and sweet...even his cry is precious. For all of my fears and doubts about having two children, this baby just fit. I already can't imagine life without him. Them, both of them.







Maddie is so proud. I see some signs of jealousy, as we fully expected but she loves him already. She wants to hold him, feed him...play little Mommy. She is going to be an amazing big sister. I am so impressed with her already. We are so looking  to the days, weeks, years ahead. Our little family seems complete somehow and I am so excited to see what's in store for the Copeland Clan!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious! I can't wait to meet him!

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio