Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dance like no one is watching!!

Maddie needs an activity. I mean this is the sweetest possible way (with just a smidge of sarcasm). She is, er, not busy enough. Being a new mom of two I realize the most difficult part (at least for me) is divvying up the attention and between the potentially colicky baby and former-but-still-thinks-it's-so only child, I can't decide who needs Mommy more but I am exhausted. So, the little princess, who has been walking on tippy toes from the inception of her ability to navigate wanted, ney, needed ballet...her feet were practically designed for it! We heard about a class that does a ballet/tap combo for three year olds and, well, I needed to have a fun distraction for her (and I thought the Mommy/Daughter time would be nice!). She loved it!! AND, to my utter surprise, she listened to every instruction...well, except  she incessantly smacked her feet on the floor when she first got her tap shoes on, but hey, I can't blame the kid...that IS pretty awesome the first time! I was also surprised at her coordination. I mean, this is the child who can fall while just standing in place. I've seen it happen. Alot. And, to make things even better (is it possible?!) she had two of her classmates, Peyton and Adeline in her class with her and Bella was in the next class! Oh, and SNOW CONES, free ones after each class.Best.Day.Ever. (in 3 year old-ville)



 Not a good picture, but she's in the middle, hands behind her back....


SO happy her BFF was also dancing! Aren't they just so pretty?!




The three musketeers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio