Friday, October 16, 2009

THREE months now...sheesh how time flies!

I have to confess, I didn't much love the first six weeks or so of mommy hood...or one minute of pregnancy for that matter! I just felt like we had this "supply and demand" relationship with no interaction other than the semantics of life. Feed, burp, change, dress, bathe...the bare necessities. Now all those preceding things are still a part of our daily routine but there is so much more ...FUN. Maddie smiles all the time, especially reacting to something silly we do or say. She makes constant eye contact. She only cries if there is a real need or she is sleepy. She grabs, kicks and is generally so much more alert and interactive. She still prefers to be held versus the swing, but she now really enjoys her activity mat and toys so I can actually get a few things accomplished throughout the day. She also seems to be...how can I say it...nosey, maybe? She hates to nap during the day as though she's afraid she may miss something exciting! But she does sleep through the night, so I guess I should be grateful! She's like this little person we're getting to know and it's so much fun! I look at her and she looks back and I feel like we're having this whole conversation through our eyes. She doesn't just rely on us for her needs anymore, we can see her recognizing us as the people who care for her like no other. We, in turn are falling madly in love with her more and more every day. I am so excited to continue to watch this beautiful creature navigate the world with us as her guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio