Monday, May 6, 2013

Get to work!!

Ok, these kids are killing me.

While I love Maddie's school, every other day there is some event/fundraiser/party...something to pay for (on top of the fairly hefty, albeit well worth it, tuition). And the "little" one? Well that kid is eating me out of house and home. I'm about to make him get a job. I wish I was kidding.

 We are a family of limited means and I'm thinking I'm gonna become like my mom (ugh) and force these little ones into jobs as soon as they are legally allowed. Until then, the mobile one is getting chores, dag nabit.

 I have had juuuust about enough of, wait for the ensuing complaining, of coming home from work, then along with the daily necessities of dinner, dishes, making  lunches/packing bags for the next day, baths, stories, ETC, I am cleaning her room, taking her dishes from the table. HUH? She can reach the counter, for the love of all...so, she now cleans her room (yes I go in after and rearrange a bit, but she does the majority), clears her plate from table, and washes my car. Yup, I said it. I just watched (and took some pics, of course) while she slaved away. The worst part was, she loved it. That was kind of annoying. I wanted to feel, if only for one fleeting moment like one of those crazy tiger moms. See, kids this age enjoy doing the things we abhor. She wants to fold laundry, do dishes, wipe down surfaces, vacuum. If. Only. She. Were. Bigger. This is the one and only time I will wish for time to pass quickly. Until then, scrub away little one, and oh, you missed a spot. Start over. Kidding.....




Pay attention, little one...you're next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio