Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day


 St. Patrick's Day is, as always, a day of celebration but also some sadness. It's Caleb's birthday (he would have been 9 years old this year) so it's sometimes hard to truly enjoy the day. My good friends Morgan and Leslie, who every year have a beach birthday bash planned it on St. Patty's Day, so it did start out pretty fun! They bought us all these green mustaches, which I promptly forced onto the kids (um, hilarious!!).


A few days before we also made silly Leprechaun hats. On the way home from school I was explaining what a leprechaun was, which, incidentally, I realized I had no idea about other than that they were little guys with orange beards. Bella promptly refused to wear a beard, even if it was one made out of construction paper. She kept saying they wanted to be "girl leprechauns". My already limited knowledge involved them being little men. The little genius then says, "we could have pigtails instead of beards"....AH-HA! Of course! I did however, get to make the beard anyway, for my little man....


They also wanted freckles, so I had to indulge them with some eyeliner and coral blush. I am so in love with these hats, I wish we could keep them forever. But alas, they were both ripped after about 20 seconds outside.


Finally, we went to Monique and Rob's for our annual balloon release and cupcakes. I can't believe it's been 5 years. *sigh*



 
 Remembering Caleb and thinking about what Monique and Rob have had to endure makes me even more grateful for my two beautiful, HEALTHY children. I am so blessed....




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio