Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's bugging me...


So my little Princess...ok, who am I kidding...the kid has always loved to be filthy, just in a tutu if possible. That said, I draw the line at getting dirty whilst catching bugs. Ugh...in the good 'ole state of Florida, we do not merely have mosquitoes, we have pterodactyls. I made the one-of-my-many-large-mistakes and bought her a bug catcher (thinking she would try for a, oh I don't know, butterfly, but nooooo) that she'd been asking for. Instead she has managed to catch every creepy, crawly thing in our yard, all while managing to look like she rolled in a mud puddle AND with a runny nose (dirty snot streaks all over her face...you get the visual).


The other day she and Bella caught this weird grasshopper thing and snuck it in the house. A few minutes later I hear them both screaming and when I get to her room, the door to the bug catcher is open...and the jumping thing is nowhere to be found. I instantly have that irrational fear that it's gonna end up in my mouth while I'm sleeping (although Garret is more likely to ingest it since he's the snorer of the family. Serves him right.) and we all begin to frantically look for it. It has yet to be found. I feel like prey. I just know it's gonna jump out at some random time and FREAK. ME. OUT. Ew.


As if this isn't all bad enough, they have decided that since the bugs are "gross" they're going to murder them by throwing them in the pool (they can swim, by the by...). Correction: Bella orders the hit and Maddie is the snuffer. I feel a prison visit in my future....

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio