Monday, March 5, 2012

A whole buncha stuff in one weekend!

What a weekend!! We did, um, alot! Garret's mom had offered to take Maddie for an ENTIRE day and overnight (what?!), and we gladly took her up on the offer! We decided to have "date day", complete with adult beverages, a visit to the wedding venue and good times with friends!
We were like little kids on Christmas morning...

First stop, the boat house where the wedding will be...

A little lunch at one of my faves (fish tacos!!)...


A little love on the way to Hooters!


And finally, the Edison...live music, drinks....ahhhhhh......



The next morning (after allll that indulging), I had to run the Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon!! Thankfully, Monique and I relayed it, so I only had 6.5-ish to do. Sounds easy enough, right? WRONG! IT POURED! I mean, torrential, cold, windy rain! Mo ran the first leg so poor thing ran IN IT. Ugh.


When my leg started, there was a little sprinkle but approximately 30 mile per hour winds and I had to run across and back over this monstrosity....


The picture does not capture how AWFUL it was. My legs were on fire (and I had to choke back a little vomit more than I'd like to recall).
Luckily, we got free wings for breakfast :)...grease, goooooood.


I'm still proud of us (although we did terribly, given the conditions...both weather and hung-over :)

After a nap, we picked up Maddie and took her to the fair!









This year was more fun...she could go on alot of the rides and our little daredevil loved every minute of it!! She even went on her first roller coaster (she clearly gets this madness from Daddy) and squealed the entire time!


It really was a fun weekend....quality time, personal accomplishment and even a little housework thrown in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio