Monday, October 3, 2011

Mani for Maddie!












I sort of figured Maddie for a bit of a tomboy. She likes bugs and dirt, dislikes bows and dresses. Imagine my surprise when I (who for lack of time and money, RARELY has any beauty service) decide to have my uni brow groomed at a local nail salon, watching as Maddie prances around the room, twirling with excitement, glaring at the sparkly polishes says "me too Mommy...want pwetty nails". The nail tech, hearing the comment and jumping all over it tells me it's $3 to have her nails painted and I, feeling somewhat reluctant, relent. I have mixed feelings about teaching Maddie about beauty, that it's on the inside blah, blah, blah. But, as a self-professed girly girl, I allow her this few minutes of girl-fun and not take any of it seriously. She was quite proud of her pink sparkles and, in hindsight, a rare mother-daughter beauty moment shouldn't change her feelings about what truly matters. Hair. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio