Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mommy and Daddy desert the baby...
















We finally did it...one month shy of her first birthday, we took a weekend away. No Maddie. I think we finally are getting to that stage of parenting where you have learned to balance being parents with being a couple. But I also feel like I lost a limb when Maddie's not around. I'm so used to caring for her that I find myself helplessly searching for someone to bathe or diaper (and Garret finds it weird, so he's out...). We went to Key West for three days. We had such a great time! We went on a snorkeling cruise, ate Cuban, rented Scooters, relaxed..it really was exactly what we needed. But I missed my baby girl so much. She was in great hands (Ya-Ya, Oma and Momo had it under control!), but I felt lost without her. We are such a family unit and I missed her being a part of us. When we got home, she was already asleep so the next morning we both raced into her room to find her playing with her feet on her back. She looks at us, puzzled as if to say "where have you been?" and then gives us the BIGGEST smile and clear as day says "HI!". Great to see you too my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio