Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Impatient...

Ok, I realize I had major abdominal surgery a few weeks ago, and I was on bedrest for the majority of my last trimester but my vanity is starting to get the best of me. WHEN will I lose this last ten pounds and when will working out not feel like attempted suicide?? I can barely do ten sit-ups and get winded with the slightest of cardiovascular activities (to include walking up and down the stairs in our townhouse)! I have had friends and my sister physically assault me for complaining about a mere ten pounds...I get alot of sarcastic "Poor you's". Maybe it's the fact that I have been a petite gal my whole life and never had to worry about my weight (I can hear the snickers already). Or maybe it's the fact that I am now 35 years old and am holding fast to an unrealistic ideal that I am afraid to let go of. Vain, right? But when I look at this beautiful baby I honestly feel it's all worth it! So what if my body is not the same? Look what I DID. I incubated this angel and helped her grow for nine months. Isn't that fact alone worth it? You bet. So I will continue to eat healthily and workout as I am able, but I also have to remember carrying a child may change your body for the worse, but your life for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio