Sunday, July 24, 2016

My first catch!


Yes, I do live in Florida. For 25 years. And no, I've never caught a fish. Until now.
Scott and Becky invited us on their boat and being all girly and what not, I was super jazzed to catch some rays while the boys caught fish (Maddie spent the weekend with Aunt Mo).
Scott was determined to get the pole in my hand and, being gracious, I obliged him. He took us to his favorite spot and, low and behold, I got a bite! He reeled it in and, as I turned to apply the sunscreen for said sunbathing, he stuffed the pole in my hand. Again. And again, another bite. This time, I reeled that sucker in all by myself! It felt like JAWS himself. Seriously. But, after fighting with it for what felt like,  minutes, it was like 10 inches long. Still. A fish. ME! Not to brag, but I was on fire after that! I caught like 7 more. Keepers even. Totally got cocky.
We had a great time. Gavin wasn't as into it as I hoped, but he loved sitting in the lookout tower, being up high and scooting along!








The"jumping whilst catching a football", I wasn't so good at. I'll stick to snook-catching!






No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio