Thursday, March 17, 2016

Caleb's Birthday


Also known as St. Patty's Day...we try to be festive but it's also an icky day. For me personally, it was really sad this year. I guess it's that my little guy is almost the exact age as Caleb when the doctor told Mo and Rob he had cancer. It puts me in a "mom space". The emotions are deeper, they cut more now as a mother. Imagining those moments....I literally can't.


 We did a little "gold coin find" and gave whoever found the most some cash. They all got cash, cause, well, tears.




 After a yummy Shepard's Pie Mo made, we did our annual balloon release. Twelve. Mo and I talked about what we thought he'd look like. He was only 4. He'd be 12.  It still all seems so unreal. Like it happened to someone else. But, here we are again, releasing balloons we hope he sees and knows he's never forgotten....
All too real.
Happy Birthday Buddy. Miss you every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Children Wonderland template | Design by Jackie's Design Studio